Skip to content

Mold Removal Chicago, IL

Mold chicago illinois

Mold is an ever-evolving organism. As it forms and multiplies, it alters its appearance and attributes to fit suit the environments in which it finds habitats. It has the potential to create numerous hazardous effects, which are often overlooked due to the lack of symptoms or reporting. Black mold has the potential to cause respiratory and gastrointestinal tract infection, allergic reactions, headaches, nausea, memory loss, lethargy, and visual impairment. Although black mold is not a toxic substance, it is still required to be eliminated from any dwelling.

NEW Free Quote - Red

    Black Mold Symptoms

    Black mold, Stachybotrys chartarum, or simply toxic black mold, is actually a type of fungal micro-fungus which produces its conidium in slime form. It can be found in dry soil and organic grain, but more often the mold is most frequently detected in damp or moist building materials from water-damaged or damp areas. These items can be found almost anywhere in a home; they tend to build up in attics and basements, crawlspaces, behind drywall, and in heating ducts. Once mold spores find warmth or moisture, they will begin to grow, spreading wherever they go. It can literally Everywhere, so it's very important to identify and eliminate this microscopic organism, before it causes health problems for anyone or destroys household items.

    The most common mold symptoms related to mold exposure is asthma attacks. Asthma is induced when the lungs are deprived of oxygen, specifically when air passages are blocked and the individual cannot breathe. Mold spores act as irritants to the respiratory system, causing inflammation and irritation to the bronchi and bronchioles of the respiratory system, causing wheezing, shortness of breath, and ultimately, an asthmatic attack. Anytime there is swelling of the bronchial tree, whether it is due to other diseases or exposure to mold, this is considered a positive sign.

    Other health effects caused by mold exposure include fatigue, headaches, a lowering of energy levels, and nausea. The majority of these health effects show up one to three weeks after the initial exposure and will gradually disappear over time. Of course, the greatest long term impact of mold exposure on humans is death. If the mold spores are inhaled, they can cause lung infections, including infections in the lungs, throat, stomach, and sinuses. Long term exposure can lead to coughing, emphysema, or pulmonary fibrosis.

     

    Mitigate Health Hazards

    Mold is not just a health risk for those who are constantly exposed to it, either. Mold can also be dangerous to those who suffer from asthma or any other respiratory illness. Asthma is a chronic lung disease that makes breathing difficult. Most asthmatics have their airways and bronchioles clogged with bacteria, allergens, and mucus. Mold, in the form of spores, can enter an asthma patient's home and trigger an allergic reaction, causing wheezing, difficulty in breathing, and more. This kind of respiratory illness is called respiratory distress, or respiratory illness.

    Some symptoms of asthma include shortness of breath, coughs, and sore throats. However, most asthma patients do not suffer any symptoms of mold exposure, as this type of illness does not often develop. Those who are at risk for developing respiratory illnesses should take special care to make sure that they are not exposed to mold, regardless of how often they may come into contact with it inside their homes. For instance, mold-infested materials should be cleaned or washed thoroughly whenever they come in contact with other surfaces, especially those that might sustain water damage. People who are prone to allergies should also keep an eye on their surroundings, and if there is a chance of mold developing inside their homes, they should get rid of it right away.

    In order to protect your family and home from unwanted mold growth, you can install quality indoor mold control systems in your house. These systems use high-tech air cleaners and moisture detectors to monitor the air around your house, and depending on the level of contamination, they will either trigger an alarm or deactivate the system. Once molds begin to grow in your home, they will emit harmful toxins throughout the air, polluting the environment and potentially making it dangerous for human health. Thus, every person living in the house - from the cleaner up to the children playing next door - needs to be protected from molds.

    An indoor air quality monitor measures the concentration of airborne contaminants such as dust, mold spores, and bacteria in the air. If there is a large amount of contamination, it will usually be yellow or brown in color. If the concentration is very low, however, it will be transparent. Indoor air quality monitors are useful because they prevent the development of mold and other indoor air pollutants in the first place, allowing you to stay healthy inside your house without risking your health.